Below you’ll find answers to questions asked frequently by our residents during their journey. If you can’t find the answers you are looking for get in touch with us and we will respond to your query.

It usually takes 8-10 weeks to obtain Council approval (your builder will do this for you) and approximately 6 months to build.
Your builder will give you a fixed price tender.
There are many project builders that will build on your land. Check with the Office of Fair Trading first to see if they are licensed and then inspect their display homes. When you choose your home, ask the builder to prepare a written tender to build the home on your lot or you can select from our House & Land Packages (Coming Soon).
Most banks and building societies will assist with lending for land and then houses. Our land sales consultant can help you with this enquiry.
A small deposit secures your block. A contract is then forwarded to your solicitor (if you don’t have one, we can recommend one). At the same time, you can select a home builder to prepare a tender/builders contract. The land is then exchanged and settled into your name and the building process starts with your builder.
No. You can build when you want to.
You may be eligible to apply for one of the following NSW Government grants:

  • First Home Loan Deposit Scheme
  • First Home Owner Grant (New Homes) Scheme
  • First Home Buyers Assistance Scheme
  • New Home Guarantee Scheme
  • Family Home Guarantee Scheme

Visit for more information.

Most people pick their block of land first although some people choose to go the other way. You will find, however, that it is easier to modify a house design to suit a block of land, rather than trying to get your block to suit your house.
If there are, they are shown on the plans that we give you. The specifics of the covenants are further detailed within the 88B instrument document that forms part of the contract of sale.
Yes. All the blocks in the estate are ready to be connected to services such as water, sewer, power and NBN internet.
Every block of land in New South Wales is now classified by the Rural Fire Service with a rating of 1, 2 or 3. Each block at The Bower has different ratings to protect you and your home from bushfire risk. For more information contact Maitland Council.
At the completion of civil works every block will receive a classification by geotechnical engineers. To obtain the report simply visit the land for sale page and choose the relevant stage to obtain the reports.
Yes, there are a number of house and land packages designed for various blocks within the estate. You can also choose your own block and your own builder to package up your home. We can assist you with this process.
An HIA member check can be made by calling the HIA consumer hotline on 1902 973 555. HIA can advise the member’s status and whether their membership is current.

HIA cannot provide information as to the member’s building history. This information can only be provided by the relevant government department such as Consumer Affairs or a building authority.